In order to have more “science based” certainty that a plan is right for you versus guessing that it just might be, you need to know more about your metabolism. Until you’re truly healthy on the inside you can’t look or feel you’re healthiest on the outside.
By knowing more about how your body functions you’ll be able to more specifically nourish and move your body to get the results you seek, making the most of your time and efforts. You won’t have these answers or a “more perfect plan” until you understand your metabolism.
During your daily activities your body burns two main types of fuel:
Blood glucose: This is the sugar in our blood available for energy from the foods especially sugary ones we have recently eaten.
Fatty Acids: The usable form of energy broken down from our fat stores when blood glucose is no longer available. – Which happens when we change our sugar intake the body will look to our fat stores. – When we start to use our fat as energy it is called “burning the fat”.
This is where we want our metabolism to be to efficiently lose fat and weight to change our body composition.
In addtition to metabolism testing, we also do the following:
- Assess your DEE (daily energy expenditure) the calories required for all your daily activities
- Determine your RMR (resting metabolism rate) the amount of calories needed to support your body when not exercising.
- Assess your current fat %, lean tissue %
- Assess your hydration level
- Calculate how efficiently your body burns fat for energy
*We test many other, coinciding biomarkers that give more in depth insight to your total metabolic profile